Why berkeley law essay

Mar/Wed/2018 | Uncategorized

columbia llm essay

Inquiry: .

Why Berkeley Essay? - Top Law Schools

Why berkeley law essay

Pay for Exclusive Essay -
Crafting A Winning Personal Statement - Tipping the Scales

Art: Criticism Essays From Exquisite Corpse, Booksellers. Fundacion Cisneros, Caracas, Venezuela, 2005. 180 pages 32 illustrations 25 in color. Minor rubbing, soiling and wear to why berkeley law essay, the paper cover and edges. Foreword by Patricia Phelps de Cisneros. Text is in Spanish and English. . Stiff Wrappers. Near Fine. By de Antonio, Emile; Tuchman, Mitch. Abbeville Press Publishers, New York, 1984. 192 pages.

Illustrations throughout. A small half inch tear to the jacket, reverse top edge now protected with a Mylar cover. Gift inscribed by Houston artist Charles Shorre to the previous owner For Alton, Charles Shorre includes date. Some of the interviews include: Josef Albers, Leo Castelli, Willem de Kooning, Helen Frankenthaler, Clement Greenberg, Thomas Hess, Robert Rauschenberg, Andy Warhol and more.. School Band And Orchestra! First Edition.

Cloth. Near Fine/Near Fine. MIT Press, Cambridge, 2011. Why Berkeley Law Essay! 218 pages. Hardcover, bound in green paper covered boards. Dustjacket is missing, with a bump to the corner of one of the boards. Cutting Classes Thesis! There is some soiling on the rear board following the why berkeley law essay removal of a price label. Else, the binding is tight and solid, with no internal markings. Texts in English. Essays by Benjamin H. D. Buchloh, Alexander Alberro, Birgit Pelzer, Thierry de Duve, William Kaizen, Jeff Wall, John Miller, Beatriz Colomina, and Alex Kitnick..

Cloth. Very Good/No Jacket. Critical Mess : Art Critics on the State of Their Practice. By Rubinstein, Raphael; Elkins, James; McEvilley, Thomas; Siegel, Katy; Relyea, Lane, et. al. Hard Press Editions, West Stockbridge MA, 2006.

126 pages. School Band And Orchestra Essay! Some rubbing, soiling and wear to the paper covers and edge. A few pencil notations. Illustrated wraps. Essays by Raphael Rubinstein, James Elkins, Thomas McEvilley, Jerry Saltz, Katy Siegel, Lane Relyea, Arthur C. Danto, J.J. Charlesworth, Nancy Princenthal, Carter Ratcliff, Eleanor Heartney, Michael Duncan and Peter Plagens. Edited by why berkeley, Raphael Rubinstein.

Biographical Notes. What seems to stability essay, be a scarce publication. . Wrappers. Good. Metro: International Magazine of Contemporary Art, Number 4/5. Editoriale Metro, Italy, 1961. 145 pages. Why Berkeley Law Essay! Paperback magazine, bound in stiff illustrated paper covers. Light wear and scuffing to the edges of the covers, but the binding is tight, spine uncreased, and interior clean and free of dissertation, markings. Texts in English, Italian, and why berkeley French. Essays on the end of abstract painting, David Smith, Guido Strazza, Morris Louis, Piero Dorazio, Jasper Johns, Vasarely, and others.. Notes Of A Hanging Judge Essays! Wrappers.

Very Good. Experiments in Modern Realism : World Making, Politics and the Everyday in Postwar European and American Art. Yale University Press, New Haven, 2013. 476 pages. Hardcover, bound in law essay, black cloth covered boards and wrapped in an illustrated paper dustjacket. Very minimal shelfwear rubbing to the dustjacket.

Otherwise, the binding is tight, the edges and day corners of the why berkeley boards are sharp, and the interior is clean and upload options file clear of markings. Text in English, with illustrations in both color and black and white.. Cloth. Fine Condition/Fine Condition. Deanna Sirlin : She's Got What It Takes (American Women Artists in Dialogue) Edizioni Charta, Milan, 2013. 122 pages with 42 black and white illustrations. A minor bump to the top, right-hand corner otherwise fine. Illustrated boards.

Artists included: Jennifer Bartlett, Louise Fishman, Jane Freilicher, Joyce Kozloff, Elaine Reichek, Ursula von Rydingsvard, Joan Snyder, Pat Steir and Betty Woodman. . Cloth. Near Fine/No Jacket, As Issued. Barnett Newman : Selected Writings and Interviews. Alfred A. Knopf, New York, 1990. 328 pages with black and white illustrations throughout. Light tanning to law essay, the dustjacket inside flaps and back cover consistent with age. Stated first edition. Edited by John P. O'Neill. Text Notes and Commentary by Mollie McNickle. Introduction by Richard Shiff. Acknowledgments, chronology, and index. . First Edition.

Cloth. Fine Condition/Fine Condition. University of Chicago Press, Chicago IL, 1991. 396 pages. Hardcover, bound in blue-green cloth covered boards and wrapped in an illustrated paper dustjacket. There is political stability in india, some light sunning to the spine of the dustjacket, with some minimal shelfwear to the edges. Else, a tight binding, sharp corners to the boards, and clean interior free of why berkeley law essay, markings. Text in English with illustrations in black and white..

Cloth. Near Fine/Near Fine. The Making of Paul Klee's Career 1914-1920. The University of Chicago Press, Chicago IL, 1989. 333 pages 126 black and white illustrations. Upload Thesis Design Options! Bibliography. Texts by Paul Klee. Index. . Cloth. Fine Condition/Fine Condition.

Pimlico, Random House, London, 2002. 390 pages. Law Essay! Paperback, bound in stiff illustrated paper covers. Upload Options File! The upper right corner of the law essay front cover has been bent, with other evidence of light handling to the covers. Interior pages are beginning to yellow with age, but there are no internal markings, the spine is uncreased, and the binding is tight and solid, with generally sharp edges. Essay! Texts in English, with indepth and insightful interviews with artists who include Franz Kline, Helen Frankenthaler, Frank Stella, John Cage, Cy Twombly, Jeff Koons, Richard Serra, and many others. . Wrappers. Near Fine. Why Berkeley Law Essay! The New Art, the New Life: The Collected Writings of Piet Mondrian. Cutting Classes! By Mondrian, Piet; Holtzman, Harry; James, Martin S. Law Essay! G. K. Hall Co., Boston, 1986.

414 pages. Hardcover, bound in gray cloth covered boards. No dustjacket. There is some tanning and shelfwear scuffing to the edges and associated rubbing to the covers, with some insect damage to the crown of the spine. An earlier bookseller's label remains discreetly affixed at the gutter of the cutting classes front free endpaper.

Else, the why berkeley binding is solid with no internal markings. Political! Translated into English by the editors. Illustrated in black and white. Generous appendices.. Why Berkeley Law Essay! Cloth. Good/No Jacket. Notes Of A Judge! University of California Press, Berkeley CA, 1995. 454 pages. Trade paperback, bound in stiff printed paper covers. Some minimal (no pun intended) sunning to the spine, with light shelfwear to the edges and corners of the covers, but otherwise a tight binding with uncreased spine and law essay clean, unmarked interior. Texts in English.

Compilation of all of the seminal essays on the subject by the major critics and writers, illustrated in black and white.. Wrappers. Very Good. Reasons for Knocking at an Empty House : Writings 1973 - 1994. MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 1995. 301 pages black and white illustrations throughout. Light creasing to notes of a judge, the paper spine and wear to the edges.

Edited by Robert Violette in collaboration with the author. Why Berkeley Law Essay! Introduction by on the republic, Jean-Christophe Ammann. Chronology. Select Bibliography.. Stiff Wrappers. Very Good. Why Berkeley! Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 2002. 394 pages a few black and white illustrations throughout. Minor soiling to the covers and edge. Illustrated wraps. Edited by Robert C. Morgan.

Biography. Videography. Select Bibliography.. School And Orchestra Essay Scholarship! Wrappers. Near Fine. Gerhard Richter : Doubt and Belief in Painting. The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2003. 279 pages with black and white illustrations throughout. Why Berkeley! Interview with the artist by Robert Storr. List of Illustrations.

Notes. . Wrappers. Fine Condition. Entrails, Heads Tails: Photographic Essays and Conversations on the Everyday with Contemporary Artists. Rizzoli International Publications, New York, 1992. Approximately 280 pages.

Hardcover, bound in lime green paper covered boards, with a black cloth spine and printed paper dustjacket. Texts in English, with many photographs and illustrations in both black and white and color. Slight cocking to the spine, with some wear to the edges of the dustjacket, although now encased in a fresh Mylar sleeve. Beautiful photographs of works in the homes and studios of Louise Bourgeois, James Turrell, Enzo Cucchi, Vito Acconci, Cy Twombly, Gilbert George, Francesco Clemente, Sigmar Polke, Julian Schnabel and Wolfgang Laib, along with a dialogue with each of them. . Cloth. Upload Design File! Very Good/Very Good. Re-Dact : An Anthology of Art Criticism.

Willis, Locker Owens Publishing, New York, 1984. 224 pages. Trade paperback, bound in stiff printed paper covers. Texts in English. Mild shelfwear to the edges and associated light rubbing to the covers, but the binding remains tight, with an uncreased spine and a clean, unmarked interior.

Writings by several dozen art critics, including Jed Perl, William Zimmer, Richard Kostelanetz, April Kingsley, Michelle Cone, David Rubin, and many others.. Wrappers. Very Good. Littérature et Atelier [Volume 10 from a Ten Volume Un Inventaire Du Regard : Écrits Sur l#39;Art et La Littérature] Éditions Gallimard, Paris, 2011.

438 pages. Hardcover, bound in red cloth covered boards and wrapped in a printed paper dustjacket. A single volume from the ten volume set originally published in German in why berkeley, 2008. Day! Translated here into French. Previous owner#39;s name is discreetly stamped in ink on why berkeley, the title page, but otherwise there are no marks to be found on notes essays, the interior, and the binding is crisp, solid, and why berkeley law essay tight. The dustjacket is bright and sharp. . Cloth. Near Fine/Fine Condition. The Exile's Return : Toward a Redefinition of Painting for dissertation purposal the Post-Modern Era. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1994.

238 pages. Paperback. Bound in stiff, illustrated paper covers. Text in English. Illustrations in black and white. Previous owner's name is why berkeley, inscribed on the front free endpaper, with some wear to the corners, edges and cover, including a crease to the upper right corner of the notes hanging essays and reviews front cover. Aside from the inscribed name, the why berkeley law essay rest of the interior appears to be unmarked and clean. Detailed index and notes..

Wrappers. Very Good.

Write My Paper For Me -

Fresh Caddy Master Interview Questions Answers: If you were unemployed for a period of time, be direct and to the point about why berkeley, what you've been up to (and hopefully, that's a litany of impressive volunteer and other mind-enriching activities, like blogging or taking classes). Then, steer the conversation toward how you will do the job and contribute to the organization: “I decided to take a break at of a hanging judge and reviews, the time, but today I'm ready to why berkeley contribute to this organization in the following ways.” Just answer this question honestly. Sometime an employer wants to know if there are other companies you're considering so that they can determine how serious you are about the industry, they're company and find out if you're in demand.

Don't spend a lot of time on and orchestra essay this question; just try to stay focused on why berkeley law essay the job you're interviewing for. The hiring manager requests this of you because she wants to know more about your individual personality. This list can reveal a lot to her about who you are and stability in india essay how you might fit into the workplace. Your answer also gives the manager an indication of your self-perception, which is a good indicator of the type of employee you will be. Try to avoid specific classifications, whatever it may be. Organizations usually prefer managers who can adapt their skills to different situations. This question seems simple, so many people fail to prepare for it, but it's crucial.

Here's the deal: Don't give your complete employment (or personal) history As Caddy Master. Instead give a pitch-one that's concise and compelling and that shows exactly why you're the right fit for the job. Start off with the 2-3 specific accomplishments or experiences that you most want the interviewer to know about, then wrap up talking about why berkeley law essay, how that prior experience has positioned you for this specific role. Although this would seem like a simple question, it can easily become tricky. You shouldn't mention salary being a factor at this point As Caddy Master. If you're currently employed, your response can focus on purposal developing and expanding your career and even yourself. If you're current employer is why berkeley law essay downsizing, remain positive and brief.

If your employer fired you, prepare a solid reason. Under no circumstance should you discuss any drama or negativity, always remain positive. When you respond, keep in mind the type of dissertation purposal position you are interviewing for why berkeley, like Caddy Master based job, the company culture, and the work environment. Your answer should help show the interviewer why you're a match for the job and for the company. Sample answers are: ? I'm a people person. I really enjoy meeting and working with a lot of different people. ? I'm a perfectionist. I pay attention to classes thesis all the why berkeley details, and like to be sure that everything is just right.

? I'm a creative thinker. Upload Thesis Design Options? I like to explore alternative solutions to problems and have an open mind about what will work best. ? I'm efficient and highly organized. This enables me to be as productive as possible on law essay the job. ? I enjoy solving problems, troubleshooting issues, and coming up with solutions in a timely manner. Heading information: This should include job title, pay grade or range, reporting relationship (by position, not individual), hours or shifts, and the likelihood of overtime or weekend work. Summary objective of the job: List the general responsibilities and descriptions of key tasks and their purpose, relationships with customers, coworkers, and essay on the republic day others, and the results expected of incumbent employees. Qualifications: State the education, experience, training, and technical skills necessary for entry into this job. Special demands: This should include any extraordinary conditions applicable to the job As Caddy Master (for example, heavy lifting, exposure to why berkeley temperature extremes, prolonged standing, or travel).

Job duties and notes hanging judge and reviews responsibilities: Only two features of law essay job responsibility are important: identifying tasks that comprise about 90 to 95 percent of the work done and stability in india essay listing tasks in order of the why berkeley time consumed (or, sometimes, in order of importance). Depends on the situation. I like to label certain tasks as either A B or C. A being the one that requires immediate attention, and school band essay scholarship C which are tasks that aren't urgent but eventually need to get done. I like to focus my work As Caddy Master on why berkeley the things that need to get done, and done quickly. While balancing the other work alongside our first priorities. I've always been motivated by the challenge – in my last role, I was responsible for essay, training our new recruits and having a 100% success rate in passing scores.

I know that this job is very fast-paced and law essay I'm more than up for the challenge. In fact, I thrive on it. First, find out what the root of the problem is. Second, determine the best steps to remediation with the best possible outcome. Third, take action to put remediation plans in place. I evaluate success As Caddy Master in upload file, different ways.

At work, it is why berkeley meeting the goals set by my supervisors and my fellow workers. It is my understanding, from talking to dissertation other employees, that the Global Guideline company is law essay recognized for not only rewarding success but giving employees opportunity to grow as well. This is when you talk about your record of getting things done. Go into school and orchestra essay scholarship specifics from your resume and why berkeley portfolio; show an upload file employer your value and how you'd be an asset. You have to say, “I'm the best person for the job As Caddy Master. I know there are other candidates who could fill this position, but my passion for excellence sets me apart from the pack. I am committed to always producing the best results. For example…” I enjoy teamwork and am used to why berkeley law essay shift work. I think I would adapt well to the role.

I am looking for new challenges As Caddy Master and I know I would learn a lot as cabin crew, not just about people and places, but skills like first aid too, how can I help others with in notes of a judge essays, my limits. Bad Answer: Going negative - if the why berkeley candidate starts trash talking other candidates, it's a sure sign of a bad attitude. Also, if they can't provide a solid answer, it may show that they lack thorough knowledge of the skills the job requires, and an understanding of where they fit in. Bad Answer: They don't know much about the company. School Band Scholarship? If a candidate is serious and enthusiastic, they should have done some basic research. Why not, I am not only why berkeley doing a repetitive work but also earning but also getting a good salary by notes essays, the company As Caddy Master.

And second thing is that nothing is law essay interesting in the life till we are not interested. Review every deadline you need to meet. Prioritize your projects by deadline and day factor in how important each project is. Record your deadlines on a digital calendar or spreadsheet. During the interview As Caddy Master process employers will want to why berkeley law essay find out how you respond to notes of a supervision. They want to know whether you have any problems with authority, If you can work well as part of a group (see previous question) and if you take instructions well etc. Never ever ever, criticize a past supervisor or boss. This is a red flag for airlines and your prospective employer will likely assume you are a difficult employee, unable to work in why berkeley law essay, a team or take intruction and side with your former employer.

For this question, the interviewer wants to know what you do in of a judge and reviews, a situation that doesn't have a clear answer. This will help the why berkeley law essay interviewer know how you respond to unforeseen challenges. Try not to be too critical when answering this question. Instead, pick one of political essay your weaknesses and try to turn it into a positive. For example, you could be a perfectionist, which means that you sometimes take longer on tasks, but you make sure that they are completed to why berkeley a high quality. In India? It is important to make a negative into a positive as it doesn't make you appear overly critical and shows you can reflect on your own performance. No matter your previous job experience or educational background, be sure to tell the interviewer you have the knowledge and skills to law essay successfully execute the cutting thesis job responsibilities. Here being specific is probably not the best approach.

You may consider responding, “I hope a very long time.” Or “As long as we're both happy with my performance.” Brainteaser questions As Caddy Master have become popular for interviews in recent years, as word has gotten out that top tech companies such as Apple, Google, Microsoft and IBM have used this type of question at why berkeley law essay, one time or another. Some jobs require employees to work under stress, and in india essay some interviewers just like to see how applicants handle stressful questions. This is typically a straightforward question that merits a straightforward answer. Do you have strong worth ethic? Will you do whatever it takes to make sure the job gets done?

Just say so in your response. Keep it short, direct and positive. The key here is to be honest about your wish list but then to describe how you plan on developing or growing those characteristics so that it becomes a reality. Why Berkeley Law Essay? For example, I wish I had a stronger work ethic and I am reading a book right now about how to instill a better discipline around getting work done efficiently. This question presents an excellent opportunity for cutting thesis, you to why berkeley discuss your education, qualifications and personal traits. You might say something like “I studied property management as well as behavior during my college years and I have two years' experience in real estate.

I can gauge the homes or apartments in which clients will be interested based solely upon band essay scholarship the needs of their families. Finally, my organizational skills will allow me to schedule appointments or showings confidently and arrive for them punctually.” This shows your interviewer that you have all of the skills necessary to why berkeley become successful not only for essays, yourself, but also for your employer. Think of lessons learned in extra curricular activities, in clubs, in classes that had a profound impact on law essay your personal development. For example, I had to lead a team of essay on the 5 people on a school project and learned to get people with drastically different personalities to work together as a team to law essay achieve our objective. Usually, if the political stability essay answer to a brainteaser seems too easy, chances are the answer's wrong. And in this case, the answer is not zero degrees. Why Berkeley Law Essay? The hour hand, remember, moves as well. That is, in addition to the minute hand. And so, at 3:15, the hour hand and the minute hand are not on top of each other.

In fact, the hour hand has moved a quarter of the options file way between the why berkeley 3 and 4. This means it's moved a quarter of cutting classes thesis 30 degrees (360 degrees divided by 12 equals 30). So the answer, to be exact, is seven and a half degrees (30 divided by why berkeley law essay, four). Make sure you research the industry first. Then find at least 3 core things about thesis design options, that industry that you're passionate about (for example: how their solutions impact clients, their culture, the why berkeley leadership, etc) Pick three adjectives but then back up each with a real life story that demonstrates those characteristics. Be open and share if you are indeed interviewing elsewhere, but do it in a humble way. This way you don't seem arrogant and the interviewer knows your skills are valued by other companies. This also tends to make them want you more as they know they are competing for your services. Discuss stories of upload options file how you've progressed over why berkeley law essay the years to judge and reviews achieve success. Why Berkeley Law Essay? People relate best to stories. I would define team work as getting the dissertation purposal job done As Caddy Master whether that means if I have to do more then the guy next to law essay me as long as the work gets finished.

Seemingly random personality-test type questions like these come up in cutting thesis, interviews generally because hiring managers want to see how you can think on your feet. Why Berkeley Law Essay? There's no wrong answer here, but you'll immediately gain bonus points if your answer helps you share your strengths or personality or connect with the hiring manager. Pro tip: Come up with a stalling tactic to buy yourself some thinking time, such as saying, “Now, that is a great question. I think I would have to say… ” Discuss the clubs / activities you were in, share a personal story about why you enjoyed it and essay on the then describe how it's helped shape you to be who you are today. For example, I enjoyed rock climbing because it taught me the value of practicing hard at a sport to become skilled in it. I bring this same diligence to my work approach today as well. If you answer either, just make sure you explain why. For example, I would consider myself to be more analytical because I'm good at examining a data set and then understanding how to interpret it in a business environment. or I'm more of why berkeley interpersonal person because I enjoy working and collaborating with my teammates and clients Do your research before answering this question - first, consider what the market average is for this job. You can find that by searching on Google (title followed by salary) and globalguideline.com and other websites. Then, consider this - based on your work experience and upload options previous results, are you above average, if yes, by what % increase from your pay today from your perspective?

Also - make sure if you aim high you can back it up with facts and your previous results so that you can make a strong case. Without a doubt, social media is becoming more and more pervasive in our jobs. You should stress that social media is not appropriate for personal use at why berkeley, work. However, if the company embraces social media in certain departments (for example marketing), then you may want to classes discuss how you could use it for work (as long as it applies to your role). Companies ask this for a number of reasons, from wanting to why berkeley law essay see what the competition is for dissertation, you to sniffing out whether you're serious about the industry. “Often the best approach is to mention that you are exploring a number of other similar options in the company's industry,”. It can be helpful to mention that a common characteristic of all the why berkeley law essay jobs you are applying to is the opportunity to apply some critical abilities and skills that you possess. For example, you might say 'I am applying for several positions with IT consulting firms where I can analyze client needs and notes of a hanging essays translate them to development teams in order to find solutions to technology problems.'

It's a great enabler for why berkeley law essay, us to collaborate better as a team, for us to reach customers more efficiently and frequently and cutting classes thesis I believe it can help any company become more efficient, leaner, and more productive. Failure happens. It's a part of life. The key is understanding that you can't be perfect at law essay, everything and notes of a judge more importantly you're going to learn from failures to come out stronger. Discuss how you stay up to why berkeley date by reading industry specific sites, magazines, and thesis Google / yahoo news. Also make sure you stay up to date by law essay, reading the upload thesis design options current news on the company's website. Two things businesses need to pay attention to in their industries are what their competition is doing and the customers. You may not always agree with your competitors but it is important to why berkeley be aware of notes hanging essays what changes they are making. Very well. Law Essay? I have been in stability, the industry for over 6 years. Describe your biggest failure and discuss what you've learned from law essay it and ideally how you've been successful since because of that lesson.

At first place, you try to avoid conflicts if you can. Band And Orchestra Scholarship? But once it happens and there's no way to avoid it, you try to understand the point of view of the other person and find the why berkeley law essay solution good for purposal, everyone. Why Berkeley? But you always keep the authority of your position. Describe your most unique ideas and initiatives that had the best results for the company. Cutting Classes? Make sure you highlight your creativity, your results, your diligence and your ability to law essay execute. The #1 rule of answering this question is doing your research on what you should be paid by judge and reviews, using site like Global Guideline. Law Essay? You'll likely come up with a range, and we recommend stating the highest number in that range that applies, based on your experience, education, and skills. Then, make sure the hiring manager knows that you're flexible.

You're communicating that you know your skills are valuable, but that you want the job and options file are willing to negotiate. Everyone disagrees with the boss from time to time, but in asking this interview question As Caddy Master, hiring managers want to know that you can do so in a productive, professional way. “You don't want to why berkeley law essay tell the story about the time when you disagreed but your boss was being a jerk and you just gave in to cutting classes keep the peace. And you don't want to tell the one where you realized you were wrong,”. Tell the one where your actions made a positive difference on the outcome of the situation, whether it was a work-related outcome or a more effective and productive working relationship. To close the why berkeley law essay deal on a job offer, you MUST be prepared with a concise summary of the top reasons to choose you. Even if your interviewer doesn't ask one of these question in so many words, you should have an options file answer prepared and be looking for law essay, ways to communicate your top reasons throughout the upload thesis design file interview process. Your interviewer will likely want to know the reasons why you will remain motivated to do your best during your employment with the why berkeley company As Caddy Master. Perhaps you are interested in purposal, being challenged, but you may also have interest in being recognized for your hard work in the form of the number of sales you can attain. A great example answer for this question is “I always do my best in everything, including my job. Why Berkeley? I take pride in thesis design, my success, and I also want the company for which I work to be successful. Being affiliated with a company that is known for its excellence is very important to me.”

Being unfamiliar with the organisation will spoil your chances with 75% of interviewers, according to one survey, so take this chance to law essay show you have done your preparation and know the company inside and out. You will now have the chance to demonstrate that you've done your research, so reply mentioning all the positive things you have found out about the organisation and its sector etc. This means you'll have an enjoyable work environment and stability of upload thesis design options file employment etc – everything that brings out the best in law essay, you. All in a nutshell. Of A Essays? But I think I've attained a level of personal comfort in many ways and why berkeley law essay although I will change even more in the next 5-6 years I'm content with the past 6 and notes of a hanging judge what has come of them. Interviewers expect a candidate for employment to discuss what they do while they are working in detail. Before you answer, consider the position As Caddy Master you are applying for and how your current or past positions relate to it.

The more you can connect your past experience with the why berkeley job opening, the more successful you will be at answering the questions. This question is designed to see if you can rise the occasion. You want to essay on the day discuss how you are the type to battle competition strongly and then you need to cite an example if possible of your past work experience where you were able to do so. Good interview questions to ask interviewers at the end of the job interview include questions on the company growth or expansion, questions on personal development and training and questions on company values, staff retention and company achievements. Often an interview guide will outline the why berkeley so-called ‘STAR' approach for answering such questions; Structure the answer as a situation, task, action, and result: what the context was, what you needed to achieve, what you did, and what the school band essay outcome was as a result of why berkeley law essay your actions. Don't say anything that could eliminate you from consideration for the job. For instance, I'm slow in adapting to change is not a wise answer, since change is par for the course in most work environments. Avoid calling attention to any weakness that's one of the on the republic critical qualities the hiring manager is looking for.

And don't try the old I'm a workaholic, or I'm a perfectionist. Well, the right answer is yes and no. Good personal relations can improve the overall performance of a team. But on the other hand, you should not let your emotions to why berkeley law essay affect your decisions in school band and orchestra essay, work. This is the part where you link your skills, experience, education and your personality to the job itself. Why Berkeley Law Essay? This is options file why you need to be utterly familiar with the job description as well as the company culture. Remember though, it's best to why berkeley back them up with actual examples of say, how you are a good team player.

Quality work to be is about doing work to the require or set standard, which is very important when it comes to purposal warehouse operations. My friends would probably say that I'm extremely persistent – I've never been afraid to keep going back until I get what I want. When I worked as a program developer, recruiting keynote speakers for law essay, a major tech conference, I got one rejection after another – this was just the nature of the job. But I really wanted the notes of a judge essays and reviews big players – so I wouldn't take no for an answer. I kept going back to them every time there was a new company on board, or some new value proposition. Eventually, many of them actually said yes – the program turned out to be so great that we doubled our attendees from the year before. A lot of people might have given up after the first rejection, but it's just not in my nature. If I know something is possible, I have to keep trying until I get it. I work well under pressure to meet deadlines without jeopardizing the quality of my work. I have always worked in a fast pace environment where we are constantly under pressure to why berkeley achieve best results within a time frame. By remaining calm, weighing out all my options and executing a plan to get the situation resolve . Success is defined differently for everybody.

Just make sure the dissertation purposal parameters are defined by you with regards to work life balance, financial gain, career growth, achievements, creating meaningful work / products and law essay so forth. Design Options File? If you can clearly articulate what it means to you that is a strong answer. Depending on what's more important for why berkeley, the the role, you'll want to choose an example that showcases your project management skills (spearheading a project from cutting thesis end to end, juggling multiple moving parts) or one that shows your ability to confidently and effectively rally a team. And remember: “The best stories include enough detail to be believable and memorable,”. Show how you were a leader in this situation and law essay how it represents your overall leadership experience and school band and orchestra potential.

There are two common answers to why berkeley this question that do little to impress recruiters: ? ‘I passed my driving test' No matter how proud you are of dissertation these achievements, they don't say anything exciting about you. When you're going for a graduate job, having a degree is hardly going to law essay make you stand out from the crowd and neither is having a driving licence, which is a requirement of many jobs. Ideally one that's similar to the environment of the company you're applying to. Be specific.

You can reference many different areas here when discussing a story of where you won in competition: Work experience (ideal), sports, clubs, classes, projects. Trying to create competitive atmosphere, trying to motivate the team as a whole, organizing team building activities, building good relationships amongst people. Never ask Salary, perks, leave, place of posting, etc. regarded questions. Try to ask more about the company to show how early you can make a contribution to your organization like. “Sir, with your kind permission I would like to notes of a hanging essays and reviews know more about induction and developmental programs?” OR Sir, I would like to have my feedback, so that I can analyze and why berkeley improve my strengths and rectify my shortcomings. I believe my biggest weakness As Caddy Master is wanting to notes judge help anyone I can help. What I mean is I am willing to take on task that are not my job. I want to learn all I can.

However, that has helped me get promoted or even asked to help in times of why berkeley law essay need in other department. I have been know as the go to hanging judge and reviews person when help is needed. Wow, do we have problems! Where do I begin? Well, most of the problems are internal, just people not working well with each other. I have one person on our team who is a real problem, but it seems like management is afraid to do anything about it. Law Essay? So we all end up having to do extra work to cover for this person, who just doesn't work.

We all say that he's retired in place. I think he's just holding on until retirement in a couple years. But he's a real problem. I complain about it--a lot--but nothing ever seems to get done. I've even written negative reviews about the dissertation person, hoping he will get canned, but it doesn't happen. I can't wait for law essay, him to retire. For this be prepared and research salary to find out cutting, what similar positions are paying in law essay, your area before you go to the interview.

Try to find this information out before giving your salary expectations. You can and should provide a range instead of an exact number. But again, don't say any numbers you're not comfortable with because if the employer offers you a salary at the lowest end of your range, you don't have much to negotiate with when it comes to getting a higher salary. Sticking to and orchestra the rules by yourself, working hard and not mind participating on why berkeley basic tasks is a good answer. One of the most useful interview tactics is to remain positive about your work and achievements. This question lets the stability in india candidate draw on their own personal history to show how they have been positive and successful in the face of difficulties. Choose a specific occasion to describe, rather than dealing with generic platitudes. This question is like a loaded gun, tricky and dangerous if you're not sure what you are doing. It's not uncommon for why berkeley, people to end up talking salary before really selling their skills, but knowledge is political in india essay power as this is why berkeley law essay a negotiation after all. Again, this is an area where doing your research will be helpful as you will have an understanding of essay republic average salary.

One approach is asking the interviewer about the salary range, but to avoid the question entirely, you can respond that money isn't a key factor and why berkeley you're goal is to political advance in your career. However, if you have a minimum figure in mind and you believe you're able to get it, you may find it worth trying.

Need Help Writing an Essay? -
Why X law School | General Admissions Questions - LSAT Discussion

Writing a Business Plan for Law Firm - Law Firm Business Plan Sample. New York City Bar Association. Small Law Firm Committee. Robin Kravitz, Esq. Law Office of Robin Kravitz. Writing a Business Plans for Lawyers The Non-Financial Side.

1 Why write a law firm business plan? First and foremost, it’s a Management Tool, It f orces you to think through important issues you may not otherwise consider. The recipe to law essay grow your law practice. What is a business plan? A roadmap, albeit a changing one, with milestones to help reach goals you already know and have yet to define A sales tool to obtain financing A sales tool when looking to form a partnership or join one Some parts of a business plan include stating the obvious, but should not be overlooked because they still form a part of the whole As you write it, ideas come, strategies unfold, beliefs you may have had change It also changes your mindset. You’re no longer thinking about band and orchestra essay scholarship, starting a business, you’re now in the process of law essay starting a business. If you write a business plan and school, put it away in why berkeley law essay a drawer you have not written one that is feasible or is going to do you any good.

Continual updating whether semi-annual, annual, biennial, whichever is dissertation best for you - is your own set of why berkeley law essay checks and political, balances. If you are going to buy a book, look for why berkeley, one that offers general advice and suggestions applicable to dissertation purposal all businesses. And, if you choose a software package, eliminate the “techy” things like their numbering system; that is a dead giveaway that you’re using a software program. Law Essay. Also, eliminate sections that are irrelevant! Suggestion: Don’t just buy one from an online bookstore. Take the time go through a table of republic day contents and thumb through.

Examples available from Barnes Noble: Alpha Teach Yourself - Business Plans in why berkeley 24 Hours by Michael Miller Successful Business Planning in notes judge essays 30 Days TM, 3/ed, Peter Patsula. General Components of a Complete Plan The Executive Summary Analysis of why berkeley law essay Your Market Description of Your Firm Finance Competitors Your Marketing Strategy. No set formula for a successful practice. Before developing a plan for upload file, a lawyer, answer the following: Identify your practice niche(s) What skills and experience you bring to your practice What legal structure to use: sole proprietorship, PC, partnership, LLP, etc. What clients you currently have and might potentially acquire What clients you want What business and why berkeley, social contacts you have What other attorneys you can call upon to fill in practice gaps How your firm’s records will be kept What equipment and supplies will be needed What library and other information sources will be needed What insurance will be needed What other resources will be needed How you will compensate yourself Review your current finances re assets, current cash flow, expenses What financing may be needed What financial assets do you have What banking accounts will be needed Review your current non non-financial resources Identify your market Describe your startup plans Where will your office be located What will the dissertation purposal, name of your firm be. For some businesses this is the most important part of the business plan because it summarizes what the company does, where it is going and why berkeley, how to get there. Dissertation Purposal. Therefore, it must describe the company, the why berkeley, “product” and the market opportunities concisely.

It is written after the plan is essay complete but is the why berkeley law essay, first and, sometimes, most important part read by investors. How important this is for a legal business plan depends on classes thesis, your long and short term goals, e.g., whether they are to grow a partnership, join a firm, build up a practice that is enticing for why berkeley law essay, acquisition by a larger firm, etc. In order to provide that summary, go through a number of exercises: Company overview Mission statement the firm’s purpose and essay republic day, what it will do Major goals Objectives/milestones needed to achieve those goals Vision statement where you want to go and what you want your firm to law essay become, not just 20 years down the road but where you want to be three or five years from essay on the day now Business environment List what is out of your control e.g., nature of the law business, direction of the law essay, marketplace, competition, mergers and acquisitions among clients, and design options, competitors, attorneys and firms already in why berkeley place Analyze opportunities to on the face and threats Firm description List your firm’s specific capabilities and whatever you believe you can offer that is law essay unique If you are not a solo practitioner, who is the management What is the purposal, legal organization What technology will you be capitalizing on What is the why berkeley law essay, marketing potential Firm strategy Describe your basic strategies based on the information you have learned about the purposal, legal business, your competition and applicable markets within your field. Provide the basis for why you believe your strategy is the right one for your firm. Law Essay. What markers will you use to change direction Outline what your firm needs to make that strategy succeed Financial review Financial projections Back up of cutting thesis those projections with assumptions (so that they can be adjusted as necessary) Summary of revenues by month for at why berkeley least three years Balance sheet Cash flow statement Action plan What actions you’re going to take to carry out the plan What changes will be needed or skills acquired to put the plan to work. 3 Analysis of dissertation purposal Your Market: The Legal “Business” that Affects You. Purpose: an accurate understanding of trends affecting law practice in why berkeley law essay general and notes of a essays and reviews, your specializations, client demographics, client universe. Keep track of why berkeley impact factors, obstacles, opportunities and threats to essay better forecast and build the strategies.

Analysis of the Legal business you’re in or want to enter Identify who and why berkeley law essay, what firms dominate and upload options, where they are What new technologies have already and may yet change the way your practice is why berkeley law essay done What laws and regulations have and may yet change your practice Describe the cutting, overall demand for why berkeley, your specialties What else besides price affects your client decisions to of a essays use your services What clients (people or companies) can influence your areas of practice Competition List all major competitors you are aware of and can find out about Large firms, mid size, boutiques, solo practitioners In-house attorneys Government attorneys Divide into primary, secondary and, if necessary, tertiary levels Is there substitution, e.g., do it yourself or outsourcing to India New Technology List what is why berkeley law essay available and in india, how it affects your practice Describe how technology is affecting your kind of practice Describe who controls the law essay, technologies that affect Describe how you keep up with new technology Entry Barriers/Exit/Transitional Barriers List all the things that will make it difficult for you to practice in your expertise and locale List the things that will make your exit from classes thesis you area of why berkeley expertise or your transition to a different one difficult Relationships What can relationships with suppliers do for thesis options, you Could a supplier become a competitor, e.g.; for articles you write What other relationships can be of importance to you: Colleagues and competitors Family Professional associations Community associations Social and why berkeley law essay, business organizations Current and school and orchestra essay, former clients Former employment colleagues Pro bono colleagues Current Client Relationships What ways improve your position with clients Does pricing affect What else affects your relationship Potential Client Relationships What kind of why berkeley follow up do you do after meeting someone who may be a potential client or who can introduce you Writing articles Giving speeches How can you use your other relationships Finance What are the overall costs that affect your hourly, daily or matter rates? Profit margins What do suppliers of your technology, research, information, etc. offer by way of essay on the pricing, discounts Are there long term agreements that can be to your advantage/disadvantage Elasticity of demand for why berkeley, the rates you charge If on a regular retainer, are you realizing 100% of your hourly rate, or more/less Cost Trends and Profit Margins Identify where the biggest costs of your practice come from Identify fixed and day, variable costs How to gain economies of scale Identify where you can lower costs Is the law essay, profit margin you’re working with the right one for your practice Market Size and Growth Potential Describe the size of your primary market List the niche markets that can use your expertise Is your kind of practice a growing or shrinking market Legal Industry Opportunities Identify new growth opportunities in your areas of scholarship expertise Legal Industry Threats Economic slowdowns Changing statutes, regulations and decisions Social pressures Potential Clients By product, industry, size, geography Membership lists of why berkeley trade organizations List of conference attendees By referral of current clients By referral of colleagues, bar association, etc. By referral from competitors with conflicts What untapped market is there What underserved market is political there Trade associations made of small companies in why berkeley the same field Part time general counsel for small companies Trade associations you can join and committees you can volunteer for. 4 Describing and upload options file, Analyzing Your Own Firm. It’s not just a law firm. What’s the why berkeley, general history When was it formed and why What is upload your mission What are your goals What direct experience do you have? Your partners? How relevant is your experience to the current world? How often do you talk to prospective clients What do you current clients feel about you What is the maximum amount of business you can handle yourself without farming it out To whom can you farm Who is why berkeley law essay your backup when you are too busy, traveling on business, on school essay, vacation, sick What is why berkeley law essay unique about you or your practice Describe the dissertation purposal, areas you focus on why berkeley law essay, and want to focus on of a essays and reviews, What are the ancillary areas of why berkeley law essay law that often or usually involved or triggered by your focus area What need does your expertise serve What are the advantages and disadvantages of your areas of expertise Identify your own strengths and weaknesses Who are your clients Who among your clients makes the dissertation, decisions to use your services What stage of business development are your clients in How sophisticated/knowledgeable are your clients Are your clients street smart and/or business savvy Do they use more than one lawyer at why berkeley law essay a time Your Strategy Outline Long term objectives Short term objectives What problems do you face What problems do your clients face What do you consider milestones How will the future affect your firm What are the legal (statutory, regulatory case law) trends that will affect it What are the notes of a judge, technological trends that will affect it What are the economic trends that will affect it What potential risks and why berkeley law essay, opportunities to be faced? What “edge” does your firm have? Do you use innovative technology Do you offer superior client care/service Is your hourly, daily, or matter pricing lower than the essay day, “norm” Is there a small group of firms or attorneys who offer the law essay, same expertise or specialization Are you well known for a book, a speech, an article, news coverage, etc.

Are you a trade association or bar association director or active participan Do a SWOT Analysis Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats. Strengths Weaknesses are vis à vis your competitors, rather than your own history. Focus on current competition and potential competition. Strengths Are there advantages to your expertise areas What do you enjoy doing What resources to you have access to What do others see as your strengths Weaknesses What can you improve What don’t you do well What should you avoid Do others perceive a weakness you don’t agree with Are your competitors doing better than you Opportunities How can you meet a potential client What are the good opportunities are they new areas, new statutes regulations, etc. How can changes in technology help you How can changes (or no changes) in government policy affect your area of expertise Are there changes in upload thesis options social patterns or lifestyle that can help What opportunities can open if a weakness is why berkeley law essay eliminated Threats What obstacles do you face from Family/emotional/physical challenges Technological challenges Experience Expertise What is your competition doing you are not How can technological changes threaten you.

5 Competitive Analysis and school band essay, Target Market. Summarize Your Market List law firm/solo practice trends List direct competition List indirect competition Describe the why berkeley, extent of the unserved market for your kind of legal services Who is your client/customer What is your price Profile your primary customer Traits: geographics, demographics, psychograhics List client needs Describe how your fill those needs Competitive Analysis Worksheet List primary, secondary and and orchestra essay scholarship, tertiary competitors What services do they offer in addition to yours What do they charge How do competitor firms sell their services What are the competitor strengths What are the competitor weaknesses What size competes with you What other specialties do they offer Who are they representing What is their pricing What are their operational strengths and why berkeley, weaknesses Are they adequately financed How do your competitors advertise or promote themselves What are their conflicts How does your competition market itself Identify Competitor Trends Competitive Identification Direct competitor offers the on the, same benefit Indirect competitor services the client can get instead of why berkeley yours Visit and read competitor websites and their advertising, including separate websites by individual partners Subscribe to competitor law firm online or other newsletters What “edge” does your competition have? Does it use innovative technology Does it offer superior client care/service Is its hourly, daily, or matter pricing lower than the “norm” Is there a small group of essay firms or attorneys who offer the same expertise or specialization Are they well known for a book, a speech, an law essay article, news coverage, etc. Are they trade association or bar association directors or active participants. Generate similar info for thesis file, potential clients to help identify the target that will be most interested in why berkeley you. A marketing plan must have a detailed description of the target market for your services, an analysis of the upload options file, trends and conditions of that marketplace and how the trends affect that marketplace. Overall Market Total size of law essay targeted market Historical current and projected growth rates What social, economic political changes could affect it and your services Describe recent developments in the law that affect your areas of expertise Are there identifiable niches What or will be your clients’ needs and cutting classes thesis, wants How will potential customers find out about you What kind of marketing, if any, are your clients and why berkeley law essay, potential clients receptive to What do existing clients like best about your services Are your target clients consumers, businesses or both Client Worksheet Demographics, psychographics, legal service purchasing habits When and how does the client decide to use a lawyer find a lawyer Does your potential client use the Internet, bar association, trade association, business referral, family referral, friend referral, etc. to notes find a lawyer What is why berkeley your client’s level of classes thesis education and occupation Are they Fortune 1000,500, 100, mid size or smaller Is your client industry specialized and do you know that industry Does the client use more than one lawyer or law firm How long does the law essay, client take to decide to use a lawyer Does more than one person at upload design the client make the decisions to use a lawyer, and if so who are they Is the law essay, person who decides who is going to cutting provide legal services the one who is going to law essay receive those services What influences your client’s decision to upload design retain a lawyer Is using a lawyer optional, a necessity or a luxury Is a lawyer needed all year round, seasonal or ad hoc How and how well do your clients market themselves. Once you analyze your client needs you can build a comprehensive marketing strategy, Create a Set of Marketing Strategy Goals What is it you intend to accomplish What is the amount of increase in why berkeley clients and/or billing that you want to republic day achieve Make each goal measurable and explain each one specifically Set each goal to a planned schedule Be able and why berkeley, prepared to band scholarship assess all components to revise when necessary Compare these goals to what you believe your competitors’ goals to why berkeley be Marketing Plan = your long term plan of tactical objectives to essay republic day achieve the strategic goals Tactical objectives = measurable tasks Overall objectives Create client value Name recognition among your clients and law essay, potential clients Client retention Attracting partners or merging into a bigger firm Marketing Plan Development Create a timeline for upload design file, the objectives or events Determine the time frame for the plan, e.g., every six months, every year, etc. Law Essay. Create your “USP” (unique selling proposition, a sentence, phrase or slogan that sounds like a benefit your clients will obtain from purposal your services; can be exclusive or not, and/or preemptive) Describe the need for your services from the client’s POV Define the impact on the client of why berkeley law essay your services Ask whether your clients currently obtain this service more cost-effectively than you can provide it Describe what would compel clients to change from the lawyers they are using to you or to and orchestra essay scholarship add you to their lawyer rosters Action Plan Create the why berkeley, list of tactics that will get you to your strategic goal E.g., how you will use that list of relationships Timeline Marketing Mix Networking, Advertising, Promotion, PR Media (*NB: remember CAN SPAM, and Telemarketing and Telecommunications Act limitations) Inserts in papers Stuffers Email* Postcards POP Billboards Bus, taxi, etc. ads Space in professional and upload thesis design, trade publications Street banners New resident welcome kits Trade and why berkeley law essay, trade association show directories and handouts Trade and trade association show sponsorships Internet* Coupon mailers Press releases Sponsorship CRM (customer relationship marketing) Develop your pricing strategy CF standard pricing: Cost based = cost plus profit margin Cost plus profit = cost plus fixed percentage markup Market based = use the market norm and add or subtract Ask what the of a judge essays and reviews, highest price your target market can bear Determine the why berkeley law essay, price elasticity for your kind of on the republic day legal services Should you offer an introductory rate Marketing Budget Factors Age of business Premises/location Clients Competition Cost to acquire a client. 2017 Association of the Bar of the City of why berkeley New York.

42 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036 | 212.382.6600.

Write My Paper For Me -
Crafting A Winning Personal Statement - Tipping the Scales

20 Time-Saving Grading Apps That Teachers Love. Why Berkeley Law Essay. No doubt all our readers in the education field are well aware of the explosion of iPads and tablets in the classroom and classes their ability to make learning easier and more interactive. Why Berkeley. But we suspect at least some of you are still reluctant to turn the new tech loose on grading, an area where you could be needlessly wasting hours assessing students with an political stability in india antiquated system. We know change can be daunting, but we promise that within this list of apps teachers love, you#8217;ll find something you love, too. If you#8217;re a teacher who#8217;s been hanging on to a hard-copy gradebook, this app is your invitation to see what all the fuss over grading apps is about. Why Berkeley Law Essay. For $10 the app comes packed with features like automatic grade calculation, status report notification emails for students or parents, attendance reports on school and orchestra scholarship PDF, and more. Why Berkeley Law Essay. Teacher#8217;s Assistant Pro: Track Student Behavior: For elementary teachers, this app is a great option for recording behavior infractions and easily contacting parents and administrators with all the details if need be. Republic Day. Tardiness, forgetting books, being disruptive, all this and more will never go unrecorded or unpunished again. Law Essay. Ah, the dreaded essay. We#8217;re not teachers, but we have to assume the joy you get out of torturing kids with essay assignments has to be somewhat tampered by having to grade them. Upload Design Options File. iAnnotate takes the pain out of it, letting you ink, highlight, underline, stamp, make notes, and more on a PDF version of your kids#8217; essays via your iPad. For an app specifically designed for law essay grading essays, try … Essay Grader.

The standout feature is the wide variety of stock comments, including praise, grammar and style critiques, and cutting organization and why berkeley law essay documentation notes it comes loaded with. Or you can import your own customized database of your own patented phrases, so you can pick one and essay go. Not every assignment is as easily graded as making a check or X mark on each number. Why Berkeley. Tasks like oral presentations have to be graded on the fly, and that#8217;s where this app shines. Use sliders to purposal, add or subtract points during a speech on things like delivery and tone, then let the app add the scores. Why Berkeley. It even lets you record video for playback later if you want to essay republic day, review the performance before assigning a grade.

Like A+ Grade Calculator for why berkeley law essay Android (see below), Groovy Grader is a simple, no-charge app for thesis inputting the number of quiz or test questions and why berkeley getting back a chart of scores based on the number missed. The iPhone version can handle 150 questions and the iPad 300, but both get the helpful ability to either round off numbers or display them with either one or two decimal places. Grades are just a part of this app that#8217;s like a social network for teachers and students. If it would save you time to have an easy way to communicate with students about their grades, send them assignments, and hear back from them on what they need help on, this free app is dissertation, worth a look. We have to dock some points for why berkeley law essay the high cost ($31), but if you#8217;re serious about a grading app this is one to consider. It will give you suggestions for mid-term and notes of a essays and reviews final grades, know based on your calendar what you#8217;re teaching when and adapt accordingly, and of course keep copious grade and attendance records. Anything you used to why berkeley law essay, do with your grades on a spreadsheet program — compiling averages, producing class reports for the principal, using weighted formulas to determine grades — you can now do quickly and easily on your iDevice, be it an iPhone or iPad. It#8217;s got a downright iClunky title, but iTeacherBook is a scheduling, attendance tracker, assignment allocator, and grade recorder and reporter all rolled into one.

For $5 and notes hanging and reviews compatibility with both iPhone and iPad, you can#8217;t go wrong. Winner of 2011#8217;s Best App Ever award in the teacher category, Teacher Aide Pro can handle 90 students per class and makes communicating with students a cinch via text, mass emailing, and CSV compatibility. This version runs $8 but the lite version is free. The self-proclaimed #8220;smart app for busy teachers#8221; (redundant, are we right?), Teacher#8217;s Pet has a solid if somewhat quirky array of features, like the law essay ability to record a student#8217;s attitude with just the purposal right emoticon. But with a clean interface, calendar integration, and add-ons like student photo uploading for easy recognition, this app#8217;s well worth the $1.99. The developer claims a Boston high school math teacher said (s)he saves 80 minutes a week in grading time thanks to this free app. That alone is reason enough to law essay, take a flyer on it. Socrative Learner requires each student has the school essay tech to why berkeley law essay, run the app, but it turns multiple choice, true false, and #8220;quick quiz#8221; answers digital for instantaneous grading. On multi-page exams, many teachers find it necessary to write the number of points deducted per hanging judge essays, page at the bottom of each page, then they have to go back through at the end to add it all up. Why Berkeley Law Essay. Streamline that process with Grade Ticker, which lets you see what you#8217;ve deducted as you go and classes adds it all up for you at the end. There may be a bit of a learning curve before you get the law essay hang of this app, but once you do you#8217;ll appreciate its customizability and intuitiveness.

Break grades down into homework, classwork, test, participation, or other divisions, track attendance, and even get reminders of on the students#8217; birthdays. We#8217;re sure you know that shaving just seconds off the grade time per test adds up to hours by the end of the school year, hours of your life you#8217;ll never get back. Law Essay. Protect the republic time you have left with this app that lets you input the number of questions and see percentage and letter grades. The developer obviously didn#8217;t sink too much time into naming this bad boy, or into creating this hilariously brief user guide. No matter. Law Essay. Here#8217;s what you need to know: you can use it to and orchestra essay, create grade point systems, it works, and law essay it#8217;s free. It#8217;s not strictly a grading app, but if you#8217;re going to be saving a lot of school band graded papers and tests it will be nice to be able to access them from why berkeley law essay, anywhere.

Also available on iTunes, Dropbox for Android is a free service that lets you upload 2 GBs worth of data for retrieval from any device with the app. For a standalone attendance tracker, this app is essay, a clean solution. Present, late, and absent students can be seen at a glance with color-coded labels for each. And if you make the list a Google Spreadsheet at the start of the semester, at the end of the year just check it through Google Docs and Attendance will have calculated all tardies and absences for you automatically. It requires a free blog with UK site PrimaryBlogger, but teachers #8216;cross the pond are loving Classdroid.

It lets them take a picture of a student#8217;s work, grade it, and upload it to why berkeley, the web for the students and their parents to view. It may not save time in the actual process of grading, but it could prevent many of your time-sucking parent-teacher conferences by improving kids#8217; grades.

Pay for Essay and Get the Best Paper You Need -

Instructions Preparation for 2017-2018. Duke University Office of why berkeley law essay, Undergraduate Admissions. 2138 Campus Drive, Box 90586. Durham, NC 27708-0586. A complete application consists of essay, various documents, some of which have different deadlines. Please refer to our application components and deadlines, which will let you know what documents are required and when they are due. To open an law essay application file, you must submit the Common Application or Coalition Application. The application will ask you to provide biographical and academic information, to detail your extracurricular activities and to do a bit of personal essay writing. It also includes forms for dissertation purposal school officials to complete on your behalf. It is why berkeley law essay, acceptable if your school forms and/or teacher recommendations are submitted on paper, even though your portion of the of a hanging application will be submitted online.

Please note that Duke will not accept activity resumes for the 2018 application process. Why Berkeley? If you have information that you need to share with us that will not be reflected elsewhere in your application, you may add it to the Additional Information section of the application. Once we receive the student-submitted portions of your application, we will send you an email with instructions for political essay accessing a personalized Application Checklist where you can monitor the law essay status of your application, check that we have received the required documents, make changes to your personal information and view your admission decision. Both the Common Application and the Coalition Application include a one-page personal essay. In addition, both include two short essay questions that are specific to Duke and that offer you the essay on the day opportunity to share your unique interests and perspective. One of the short essay questions is required, and the other is optional--and yes, it is truly optional! You can submit your short writing with or after the other student portions of the application, no later than the application deadline. You must send your nonrefundable $85 application fee or fee waiver request along with the Common Application or Coalition Application. Both applications accept online payment via credit card or electronic check. Please note that we do not accept credit card payment by telephone. If you pay by check, please make the check payable to law essay, Duke University.

Checks must be for payment in U.S. dollars and must be drawn on a U.S. School And Orchestra? bank. We offer fee waivers for why berkeley qualifying students, which means under many circumstances we will waive the $85 application fee for students with high financial need. Through your Common Application or Coalition Application you may request an application fee waiver online, and your guidance counselor will receive an classes thesis email invitation to endorse your request. Defining an Academic Concentration. You must apply to either the why berkeley law essay Trinity College of Arts Sciences or the Pratt School of Engineering. The application will also ask you to indicate your preliminary academic interests so we can get to design, know you intellectually. Please refer to the overview of Trinity and Pratt as well as their majors and minors if you have questions about the best program for your interests. It is not easier or harder to law essay, be admitted to one program or another; pick the classes thesis school and academic fields that best match your interests. Applying Early or Regular Decision. You must also apply either for Early Decision or Regular Decision, and we will process your application according to the plan you check on the Common Application. To apply Early Decision, you, one of your parents and why berkeley, your secondary school counselor must sign the Early Decision Agreement confirming your commitment to enroll at Duke if you are admitted.

You will receive your admission decision in mid-December. All candidates for admission must complete one of the following standardized testing options: the ACT, including writing, or the SAT, including the cutting essay for students who choose to submit the law essay new SAT. For students who submit the SAT, two SAT Subject Tests are strongly recommended. Students who have taken multiple tests may choose which scores to send to Duke. For students who elect to send multiple test scores Duke will use whichever score is file, highest. Students from more than 85 countries have found a home at Duke.

Innovative, restless and driven: these are qualities not confined by why berkeley law essay geography. There is no separate application for international students. Standardized Testing Considerations for day International Applicants. All applicants for the first-year class, whether educated in law essay, the United States or abroad, are required to essay on the day, complete the full testing requirements. The SAT and ACT tests are given throughout the why berkeley law essay year at testing centers around the classes world, although students outside the why berkeley United States will generally find that the stability essay SAT is available in more places than the ACT. We understand that some students do not have access to a testing center in their home countries (e.g., mainland China). These students may be exempt, and if so, may not be disadvantaged in the evaluation process. In Duke's application process, SAT and why berkeley, ACT scores are not viewed as the sole measure of a student's academic ability. We also recognize that test scores from of a bilingual students, or students outside of a United States high school system, may reflect a student's lack of familiarity and experience with this type of law essay, standardized test. School Essay Scholarship? This is taken into account when applications are considered.

Results of national examinations such as the GCSE or A-levels cannot be substituted for the SAT, SAT Subject Tests, or ACT. We recommend but do not require the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), the why berkeley law essay PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English), or the band essay scholarship TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) for why berkeley law essay non-native English speakers who feel their TOEFL or IELTS scores might represent their English ability better than their SAT or ACT scores do. You can read more about how we consider the school band scholarship TOEFL here. Curriculum Considerations for International Applicants. Prior to law essay, the anticipated date of dissertation, enrollment at Duke, students should have completed an academic program that would enable them to law essay, enroll at band and orchestra scholarship a university in their home countries. Why Berkeley? For example, students from British or British-based education systems should have completed their A-levels before enrollment, and political stability in india essay, students from the French or German education systems should complete the Baccalaureate or Abitur. Law Essay? For most students, this means that they will begin the application process during their final year of upload design options file, study in a pre-university program. To obtain an F-1 visa for why berkeley study in the United States, a foreign citizen must furnish his or her home country's U.S. consulate with proof of school band essay, ability to meet educational expenses, along with a certificate of law essay, eligibility for a visa application (the I-20 form). I-20 forms for incoming foreign students are issued only after a student has accepted an offer of admission at Duke and school and orchestra essay scholarship, returned a completed Certificate of why berkeley, Financial Responsibility. Visa services and advice on federal regulations concerning non-U.S. Dissertation? citizens are available through Duke Visa Services. Interviews for International Students.

While not required for admission, interviews provide an opportunity for the applicant to learn about Duke and for why berkeley a representative of the university to essay scholarship, learn about the applicant's strengths. We have alumni volunteers conducting interviews in forty-two countries worldwide. Because of the high volume of applicants we receive from law essay China, Duke will accept admissions interviews from thesis InitialView for students attending school in China. These interviews will serve in lieu of alumni interviews. We encourage interested students in China to arrange an interview with InitialView as soon as possible in order to secure an appointment. All interviews must be submitted to Duke by why berkeley law essay December 1 for Early Decision and March 1 for Regular Decision. We welcome applications from undocumented and DACA (Deferred Action for options Childhood Arrivals) students. You apply in the same way U.S. citizens and permanent residents do, and your application will be considered the same way U.S citizens and permanent residents are, by the regional admissions officer responsible for where you attend high school. When you apply, you should be honest about your current citizenship status.

You do not need a social security number to use the Common Application or Coalition Application; that field can be left blank. Beginning with students who are applying for admission for Fall of why berkeley, 2017, Duke will review undocumented and DACA students using the same “need-blind” process as applicants who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. This means that your application will be evaluated for admission without regard to band essay, your family's ability to pay. Our need-blind model allows us to why berkeley law essay, create a class characterized by both exceptional talent and meaningful diversity, regardless of the financial circumstances of our applicants’ families. Duke University views its financial aid program as an investment in students and their futures. That’s why we are committed to meeting 100 percent of the demonstrated need for each admitted student. Undocumented or DACA students who wish to apply for financial aid should fill out the CSS Profile by the appropriate Early Decision or Regular Decision deadline. Information about the financial aid process for undocumented students can be found here, and answers to school band and orchestra scholarship, frequently asked questions can be found here. For general instructions on how to why berkeley, apply for financial aid, please visit the Office of Undergraduate Financial Aid website. Duke’s Support for Undocumented and essay day, DACA Students. Duke University’s goal is to provide access, inclusion, and support to all of our students and their diverse backgrounds and needs.

We encourage you to law essay, read more about design, how this support applies to why berkeley, undocumented and DACA students in this message from the Duke University President. If you have questions or concerns regarding applying to thesis file, Duke as an why berkeley undocumented or DACA student, please contact our office. Homeschooled or Cyber-Schooled Students. Duke University welcomes applications from students who are educated in nonconventional ways such as homeschooling and cyber-schooling. As with all Duke students, their distinct life experiences, unique motivations and intellectual vitality enhance our community.

Regardless of educational background, all applicants are evaluated in six areas: standardized testing, curriculum choice, achievement, recommendations, essays, and extracurricular activity. While we do not have any additional application requirements for these students, there is some benefit for these students and on the day, their families in providing supplementary information to help us better understand the context, the rigor and why berkeley, the students’ achievements in their chosen educational path. Below are some suggestions for homeschooled or cyber-schooled students to better elucidate their academics and notes of a judge and reviews, involvement in our application process: In general, students should take the best and most challenging courses available. We recommend but do not require four years of English and at least three years of mathematics, natural science, foreign language, and social studies. For students applying to the Pratt School of why berkeley law essay, Engineering, we require coursework in calculus and strongly recommend physics. Most homeschooled students have followed varied curricula. We do not support or prefer any particular program.

Some homeschooled applicants follow packaged curricula with outside evaluators, some enroll exclusively in local college classes, some teach themselves independently, some rely on their parents’ instructionbut most choose a combination of different approaches. We understand that the choice of curriculum is day, best decided by each individual family. Whatever path a student chooses, we would like information about the why berkeley law essay student’s homeschool experience and environment that would be helpful for our committee. In addition to the courses and grades, we are interested in upload thesis design options file, knowing how and why the student and family chose homeschooling, the setting for homeschooling, and the philosophy behind the education provided. We are also interested in the philosophy behind and the setting of the why berkeley education provided. On The Republic Day? For courses that are taught at home, we would like an law essay explanation of the grading scale or other methods of evaluation. When a student indicates that he/she is homeschooled, the Common Application generates supplemental questions on the School Report that should be completed and submitted to provide this information. Students are also welcome to share their insights into their educational choice, especially their thoughts about the benefits they have gained and how the experience will allow them to contribute to on the republic day, the community at Duke.

If the student has taken courses from a distance learning program, traditional secondary school, or any institution of higher education, we require official transcripts from why berkeley these institutions. Applicants are not required to present a GED or proof of accreditation. The standardized testing requirements are the same for classes thesis all Duke applicants: students must submit scores from law essay either the ACT with writing or the SAT Reasoning Test with essay, with SAT subject tests strongly recommended for students who have taken only the SAT. However, in the absence of traditional grades, we encourage homeschooled students to submit AP test and/or additional SAT subject results to stability essay, validate their mastery of a subject. Although your parent may complete your school report to provide context for your academic choices, we encourage students to provide two additional letters of recommendation from non-relatives and why berkeley, preferably from upload design options individuals who have worked with the student in why berkeley law essay, an in-person academic setting.

Employers, religious leaders, sports coaches or other adults can write these recommendations if all academic instruction takes place in the home. Letters from an political on-line instructor are less helpful if he/she has not had direct contact with the homeschool student. We encourage all applicants to why berkeley, become involved in purposal, their local community. Many times the line between curricular and extracurricular activities may be less distinct for homeschooled students so it is especially important to describe and document your involvements. We encourage homeschooled students to submit their applications in time for us to arrange an why berkeley law essay alumni interview in the student's local area. Thesis Design Options? An interview report provides the why berkeley law essay admissions committee an dissertation additional source of why berkeley law essay, information and perspective about a student’s potential fit for the Duke community. We welcome your interest in cutting classes, transferring to why berkeley, Duke. Political Stability In India Essay? Every fall, approximately 30 students transfer into law essay, either the Trinity College of Arts Sciences or the Pratt School of Engineering. Most will enroll as sophomores, although the selection committee will also admit a small number of of a hanging judge, juniors. While transfer students are new to the Duke community, they bring with them the same characteristics of talent and engagement as the rest of their undergraduate peers. Transfer students add a tremendous amount to campus life all while pursuing their unique, intellectual interests at one of America’s leading universities.

Please consult the following guidelines to law essay, determine your eligibility to transfer to Duke: • If you have attended any college or university in school and orchestra, the past four years and will have successfully completed at least one full year of transferrable college work by the August in which you hope to enroll, you qualify to apply to law essay, Duke as a transfer applicant. • All transferrable college work should be completed at an accredited degree-granting institution. College work completed at a vocational, technical, performance, or professional program will not be considered. • If you are a high school student in an “early college” or dual-enrollment program who will earn an associate degree while finishing high school, you should apply as a first-year applicant. • If you have already completed an undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree at a four-year college, you cannot be considered for transfer admission. • Unfortunately, you may not apply for transfer to Duke as a part-time student. Instead, we encourage you to essay day, contact Duke Continuing Studies for information on taking courses on why berkeley a non-degree basis. • The admissions committee seeks applicants who can provide evidence of academic preparation within the past four years. If you have not recently attended high school or college, we strongly encourage you to do so prior to applying for transfer, either through Duke Continuing Studies or an accredited degree-granting institution in dissertation, your local area. Duke offers military veterans a high level of support as they transition to our campus community. For more information about the resources available to veterans, please visit the following resources:

Duke offers a multitude of opportunities to law essay, its undergraduates. We’re looking for students ready to cutting classes thesis, respond to those opportunities intelligently, creatively and why berkeley, enthusiastically. We like ambition and curiosity, talent and persistence, energy and humanity. When we read an application and then discuss an application in our Admissions Committee, we consider both the academic and the personal qualities of essay on the, each student. We think about what a student has accomplished within the why berkeley law essay context of the opportunities and challenges he or she has faced. And we seek those students who will bring a variety of essay on the day, experiences, backgrounds, interests and opinions to why berkeley law essay, the campus. Purposal? We especially appreciate students who love thinking hard about things and who like to make a difference in the world. Our admissions process is why berkeley law essay, guided by our assessment of classes thesis, six primary factors: • The rigor of a candidate’s academic program. • Academic performance as measured by grades in academic courses. • Letters of recommendation. • The quality of thought and expression in the application essay.

• Standardized test scores (Transfer applicants must submit scores from why berkeley law essay either the dissertation SAT or ACT, without exception.) Transfer admission to Duke is highly selective, with the admission rate ranging from 3% to 7% over the past five years. Transfer applicants are expected to have demonstrated a high level of academic talent, both at their current higher education institution and in high school. The most successful applicants will have a minimum college GPA of 3.7 in a challenging academic program. Of those admitted in 2015, the mid-50% had SAT I critical reading scores between 670-740, math scores between 720-800 and writing scores between 670-770. Interviews are not part of the transfer evaluation process and why berkeley law essay, not available to transfer applicants. Your application must be submitted electronically through either the Common Application or Coalition Application. Please consult the Checklist Deadlines webpage for a list of required application components and due dates. If you intend to apply through the stability in india Common Application, please visit their website for why berkeley law essay instructions on where to hanging essays, find the College Report/Mid Year Report/Final Report in your transfer account. If your current college/university does not allow the submission of why berkeley law essay, recommendation forms through the Common Application portal, you can find Duke-specific PDF versions of the recommendation forms below. Cutting? These forms should be either mailed or faxed to our office.

If you have exceptional talent in dance, theater, art, music, photography or film/video/digital media, you may submit supplementary material to why berkeley, be evaluated by an appropriate faculty member. Political Essay? You may begin to submit artistic materials on why berkeley law essay February 15. Thesis File? All submissions are due by March 20. Please click here for law essay more detailed instructions. • Duke will grant credit for no more than two years of upload thesis design file, coursework completed elsewhere, regardless of the number of credits a student has previously earned. Why Berkeley? In order to earn a Duke degree, a transfer student must spend at least two years at Duke. • We do not offer a preliminary credit evaluation to thesis options, applicants prior to the release of admissions decisions. Instead, credit evaluations are completed upon matriculation by law essay an academic dean. Please see the Duke University Undergraduate Bulletin for more information on how transfer credits are evaluated.

• All transferrable college work should be completed at cutting thesis an accredited degree-granting institution. College work completed at a vocational, technical, performance, or professional program will not be considered. • We do not accept credits for courses that have been taken online. Duke University views its financial aid program as an investment in students and why berkeley law essay, their futures. We seek a diverse student body and are committed to ensuring aided students can take full advantage of the Duke experience. Essay Day? To that end, Duke admits transfer applicants who are U.S. citizens and law essay, permanent residents without regard to stability, financial circumstance or aid eligibility and meets 100 percent of each admitted student's demonstrated need throughout their undergraduate enrollment.

Unfortunately, need-based financial aid is not available for international transfer students. In addition, Duke does not offer merit-based scholarships to why berkeley law essay, transfer students. The number of design options file, semesters of law essay, aid eligibility for students transferring to upload thesis design file, Duke is based on the policy of up to law essay, nine academic semesters less the number of stability in india, semesters studied elsewhere. This also includes financial assistance for one summer term, if needed. For detailed instructions on how to apply for financial aid, please visit the Office of Undergraduate Financial Aid website. Duke believes that the residential experience is an law essay important factor in political essay, the education process. The Board of Trustees mandates that all undergraduates live on campus for three years. Why Berkeley? As an notes of a judge essays extension of this practice, transfer students are required to live on campus for two years. Why Berkeley Law Essay? Exceptions to the housing requirement include: • Transfer students who enter as juniors may request to live on campus for only one year. • Non-traditional transfer students (married students, military veterans, and political stability in india essay, those students older than most undergraduates) may request the why berkeley housing requirement be waived entirely.

The housing application will be available in mid-May and is due on essay republic July 1. Visit the Housing, Dining, and law essay, Residence Life website for more information on student housing options. To assist with your transfer application process, we have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions. Please contact the file Office of Undergraduate Admissions with any additional questions. Duke University is committed to the equality of why berkeley, educational opportunities for all qualified students. Students with disabilities (including learning disabilities, hearing or visual impairments, mobility impairments, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorders, psychiatric impairments or chronic health disabilities) who apply to Duke can choose whether or not to disclose their disability to us. Our office is prohibited by law from making inquiries about a student's disability in the admissions process. We will not require you at any point in the admissions process to disclose if you have a disability. Some students choose to include information about their disability in their admissions application because they feel it is an important element of their experiences as a student up to dissertation, that point, or because they want to share with us how they have overcome an obstacle that not everyone has had to why berkeley, face. Political Stability Essay? We always appreciate any significant information a student wishes to share with us and consider that information in why berkeley law essay, understanding a student's achievements. We evaluate a student's accomplishments within the context of any opportunities or challenges presented to upload thesis file, that student. We do not use information about a disability to deny admission to a student.

There is no separate admissions process at Duke for students with disabilities. All students who apply to why berkeley law essay, Duke, including those who have a diagnosed impairment/disability, are evaluated using the same criteria. If you have questions or require additional information, please contact the Admissions Office at political stability (919) 684-3214 and ask for the admissions officer responsible for why berkeley students with disabilities. All students have the right to request reasonable accommodations at political in india Duke. Students requesting consideration for reasonable accommodations must have an impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities and should contact the why berkeley Student Disability Access Office. We recognize that students with disabilities sometimes find the transition from secondary education to post-secondary education difficult due to the differences in the level of services and accommodations provided at on the republic day post-secondary institutions.

Not all students who received accommodations in high school will be eligible to receive accommodations at Duke. In primary and law essay, secondary education, a student's parents and school staff often bear the responsibility of evaluating, supporting and providing accommodations to the student. At the post-secondary level, it is the thesis student's responsibility to law essay, identify that he/she has a diagnosed impairment/disability and to follow the appropriate procedures to request consideration for reasonable accommodations. Please be aware that Duke is not required to approve any accommodation that would change the fundamental nature of a course or a curriculum. Course substitutions and/or waivers will not be granted for requirements for a major or college curriculum; this includes the foreign language requirement of Trinity College of Arts Sciences. For additional information about accommodations and resources at Duke, we encourage you to contact the Student Disability Access Office at this email address. We require submission of band and orchestra essay scholarship, official transcripts for all academic work completed in high school, and all academic materials must be submitted by your guidance counselor or another school official. Self-submitted transcripts are not acceptable for our review. To provide us with academic and why berkeley, personal context, your counselor will also submit a Secondary School Report Form, including a counselor recommendation and school profile. We require first quarter or first marking period grades for all Early Decision applicants by November 12 or as soon as they are available. Stability? Your counselor should submit these grades using the Common Application Optional Grade Report or Coalition Application First Marking Period Report.

If your school will be unable to why berkeley, provide us with official midterm grades by mid-November, you should request an unofficial progress report to be sent by a school official. A student's senior year academic work is often a critical component of our review. If the transcript submitted with your Secondary School Report includes your first term grades, or if you are not currently enrolled in an academic program, no additional form is required. We require midyear grades for all Regular Decision applicants and all Early Decision accepted and deferred applicants by February 15 or as soon as first semester or trimester grades are available. Your counselor should submit these grades using the design file Common Application Midyear Grade Report or Coalition Application Midyear Report. If the transcript submitted with your Secondary School Report includes your midyear grades, or if you are not currently enrolled in an academic program, no additional form is law essay, required. College/University and Summer School Transcripts. We wish to see a full representation of thesis file, your high school work, including that which you may have taken beyond your regular high school offerings. If you have taken postsecondary or summer coursework that does not appear on your high school transcript, please request an official transcript from the institution that provided instruction. We understand that most colleges and universities do not provide midterm grades and we do not expect to why berkeley, see first-quarter grades or midyear progress reports from colleges. However, you should request any transcripts or progress reports that are available.

All offers of admission are contingent on a student’s continued strength of academic and political stability essay, personal standing. Why Berkeley Law Essay? Upon completion of their final terms, all admitted students must request a final official transcript to be submitted along with the Common Application or Coalition Application Final Report form. Although all student application forms must be submitted online through the Common Application or Coalition Application website, schools may send hard copy materials to us via fax at dissertation 919-668-1661 or postal mail at why berkeley 2138 Campus Drive, Box 90586, Durham, NC 27708. Thesis Design? They may also submit materials via email to undergrad-admissions@duke.edu. If you have already completed secondary school and your application includes a final, complete secondary school transcript as part of the School Report, you do not need to submit first quarter grades using the Optional Report, nor do you need to submit the Midyear Report. Your online checklist may show these items as missing, butsince the information we need is already included in the materials your school submittedthat will not affect your candidacy. All candidates for admission must complete one of the following standardized testing options and law essay, arrange to have official test score reports sent to Duke:

The College Board SAT, with two Subject Tests strongly recommended. Design Options? Students who submit the new SAT will also be required to submit the essay component. We strongly recommend that you submit your scores by the application deadline, even if you plan to take additional tests later. If it is why berkeley, financially burdensome for you to release your scores to dissertation purposal, Duke, then your counselor may submit your scores to undergrad-admissions@duke.edu with a subject line of School-Reported Test Scores. For students who choose to submit the ACT with writing, Duke will consider the why berkeley law essay highest composite score and highest scores on each section, regardless of test date, but will not recalculate the composite score.

Students who take the ACT are not required to submit SAT or SAT Subject Test scores. Our school code for the ACT is 3088 . For students who submit the SAT, two SAT Subject Tests are strongly recommended. Upload Thesis Options? Students who have taken the test multiple times may choose which scores to send to why berkeley law essay, Duke. Duke will use the highest available scores in each section, plus the two highest Subject Test scores, regardless of the essays and reviews date those tests were taken. Our school code for the SAT is 5156 . The redesigned SAT: Students intending to enroll in why berkeley law essay, the fall of 2017 may submit either the new or old SAT. Duke does not have a preference for either test, but if you choose to hanging judge and reviews, submit both, Duke will consider the stronger score as determined by concordance tables. Why Berkeley Law Essay? Students intending to enter in on the, the fall of 2018 and why berkeley law essay, beyond will be required to submit the new SAT. Applicants to the Pratt School of Engineering who take the SAT are strongly recommended to purposal, take one SAT Subject Test in Mathematics (level 1 or level 2).

Applicants to why berkeley law essay, the Trinity College of Arts Sciences who take the SAT may take any two SAT Subject Tests. For complete information about the use of notes judge and reviews, SAT Subject Test scores in foreign language placement at Duke, please visit Languages at Duke. If I take both the SAT and ACT, do I need to send both scores to Duke? How does Duke consider multiple scores? We will always consider your highest score regardless of test type or test date, and you are welcome to send us SAT scores, ACT scores or both. Applicants may choose the Score Choice option for the SAT and choose to submit scores from specific ACT test dates. Why Berkeley Law Essay? We do NOT require applicants to submit all of their test scores--just the ones necessary to fulfill the testing requirement. If I take the ACT, can I also submit SAT Subject Tests?

Although we do not require or expect SAT Subject Test scores from candidates who take the ACT with Writing to fulfill our testing requirement, we do accept them and will consider them as an additional demonstration of subject proficiency. If I submit the new SAT with essay and/or the ACT with writing, will Duke consider a higher SAT score or ACT composite score from stability in india a test date without writing? As long as students report a new SAT with essay and/or an ACT with writing, we will also consider a higher SAT score or ACT composite score from a test administration without writing. Will it hurt my candidacy to take standardized tests multiple times? No. However, standardized testing should not become one of your extracurricular activities! We'd rather see you spend your time pursuing your curiosities and interests, and most students don't see significant score improvements beyond their second or third sitting for a given test.

If I took the SAT or ACT before high school, can I use these scores in my application? No. Only testing that is taken in high school will be considered in why berkeley, the admissions process. If I have taken Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate examinations, what role do those scores play in the admissions process? Should I report those scores officially? We value those scores when available as demonstrations of subject mastery to complement your academic transcripts. Republic? You should self-report these scores in your application.

We will require an official score report from students who matriculate at Duke who wish to use those scores for credit or placement. I had my test scores sent to Duke before I applied. Why don't I see them in law essay, my Duke Application Checklist? If your test scores were released to Duke prior to submitting an application, and political essay, you only recently applied, please allow several business days for us to connect your scores to your application materials. If after that point your scores are not displayed on your checklist, and law essay, you have verification from the purposal testing agency that they've been received, you may call our office or send us an email. We will investigate and why berkeley, then respond to your inquiry. We strongly recommend that candidates take all required SAT or ACT exams no later than the month prior to their application deadline, and cutting thesis, applicants should submit all test scores necessary to fulfill the testing requirement by the application deadline (November 1 for why berkeley Early Decision; January 2 for political stability Regular Decision). Early Decision candidates may submit new or additional scores from the November 4 SAT and why berkeley, the October 28 ACT, and of a hanging judge, Regular Decision candidates may submit new or additional scores from the why berkeley law essay December 2 SAT and the February 10 ACT. Tip: you don't need to cutting thesis, rush report scores to Duke, but if you are taking any tests after the application deadline, you should request a score report to Duke at why berkeley law essay the time you sit for your exam. Applicants who do not use English as their primary language must demonstrate the ability to undertake a rigorous, fast-paced academic program in English. As Duke students must have the ability to read quickly and to express themselves clearly both orally and in writing, applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English at the time the application is upload design file, submitted.

If you are a non-native English speaker or if you are not currently studying in an English-medium curriculum, we recommend but do not require that you take one of the following English proficiency tests. Any applicants who feel their English proficiency test scores might represent their English ability better than their SAT or ACT scores do also may choose to take the IELTS, PTE Academic, or TOEFL test. Law Essay? If you take the tests more than once, we will use your highest scores. We do not have any preference among the notes of a judge and reviews three tests. We will consider all of your test scores along with the essays, recommendations, and other parts of the admissions application to evaluate your proficiency in English. IELTS (International English Language Testing System) TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Duke’s school code for the TOEFL is 5156 Minimum scores expected: 100 on the internet-based TOEFL 75 on the revised TOEFL Paper-delivered Test.

Both the Common Application and the Coalition Application include a one-page personal essay. In addition, both include short essay questions that are specific to why berkeley law essay, Duke and that offer you the opportunity to options, tell us about your personal and intellectual interests. You can submit short writing with or after the why berkeley law essay other student portions of the application, no later than the application deadline. 2017-2018 Common Application Prompts. All applicants who complete the Common Application will choose to respond to one of cutting, seven essay prompts. The personal essay length is capped at 650 words. 2016-2017 Coalition Application Prompt. All applicants who complete the Coalition Application will choose to respond to law essay, one five essay prompts.

The personal essay length is capped at 550 words. Tip: These open-ended prompts are intended to foster your creative energy, not restrict it. If you're stuck, try thinking first about the characteristics you want to convey to the admissions committee. Brainstorm stories that display those qualities or values; then pick the prompt that best fits your story. The following question is classes, required for Engineering applicants . • If you are applying to the Pratt School of Engineering as either a first-year or transfer applicant, please discuss why you want to why berkeley, study engineering and why you would like to study at Duke. Essay? (150 words maximum)

The following question is required for Arts Sciences applicants . • If you are applying to the Trinity College of Arts Sciences as either a first-year or transfer applicant, please discuss why you consider Duke a good match for you. Is there something particular about Duke that attracts you? (150 words maximum) The following question is optional for all applicants to Duke University. • Duke University seeks a talented, engaged student body that embodies the law essay wide range of human experience; we believe that the diversity of our students makes our community stronger. If you'd like to share a perspective you bring or experiences you've had to purposal, help us understand you betterperhaps related to a community you belong to, your sexual orientation or gender identity, or your family or cultural backgroundwe encourage you to do so. Real people are reading your application, and we want to do our best to understand and law essay, appreciate the real people applying to Duke. Dissertation? (250 words maximum) The Common Application will only show you the essay prompts that apply to you; there's no need to spend time sifting through extra questions!

Note that this means you must select your desired undergraduate school--either the Trinity College of Arts and Sciences or the Pratt School of Engineering--before you will see the corresponding version of the Why Duke? prompt to which you will respond. Tip: Be sure to law essay, craft your short writing as carefully as the longer personal essay. Every piece of your application matters! Recommendations give us another way to learn who you are. We require three letters of dissertation, recommendation for each applicant: one recommendation from your guidance counselor and two recommendations from teachers who have taught you in major academic courses (English, mathematics, social studies, sciences, foreign languages), preferably within the last two years of secondary school. If you are applying to the Pratt School of Engineering, at least one recommendation should be from law essay a math or science teacher. If your school requires printed or downloadable recommendation forms, you may find Common Application forms available below. If your recommenders choose not to submit their letters online, they can send documents by fax, email or postal mail. Fax: (919) 668-1661.

Office of Undergraduate Admissions. 2138 Campus Drive. Durham, North Carolina 27708. Additionally, applicants may submit one Personal Recommendation. This recommendation is optional, and band, can come from a peer, a coach, a director, a teacher from an elective course, a family member, or anyone else who knows you well and will give us a better idea of who you are. This optional information will be considered in our understanding of you as a person, but will not be formally evaluated as part of why berkeley law essay, your application. If you do not submit the information, your chance of admission will not be affected. There is no required form for this recommendation.

Just ask the individual to submit a one-page letter to dissertation purposal, our office through the Common Application recommendation process. We will also accept letters by fax, email or postal mail. Fax: (919) 668-1661. Office of Undergraduate Admissions. 2138 Campus Drive.

Durham, North Carolina 27708. Tip: Make sure that the why berkeley recommendation letter includes the applicant's full name, date of birth and political stability, current high school so we can add it to law essay, the correct file! At Duke, alumni interviews are an optional component of the application process. Political? When present, an interview report provides the admissions committee an additional source of information and perspective about law essay, your potential fit for Duke. Just as importantly, the interview offers you the opportunity to learn more about the university from someone who has lived and studied here. Interviews are typically conducted in a central location (e.g. a coffee shop or your high school guidance office) and last 30-60 minutes. We recommend that you dress in business casual attire and that you come prepared to talk about dissertation, your interests and why berkeley, activities and to ask informed questions about Duke. Students are matched with alumni volunteers on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage students who wish to interview to submit their application by the Early Decision deadline (November 1) or the Regular Decision priority interview deadline (December 20). If you submit your application, including the Duke Writing Supplement, by the appropriate deadline and there is an alumni interviewing committee in your local area, a committee member will contact you via phone or email to school essay, arrange an interview . Unfortunately, we don’t have alumni volunteers everywhere. Candidates who do not hear from an interviewer by the second week of November (Early Decision) or the why berkeley law essay second week of February (Regular Decision) are welcome to submit an additional recommendation in place of the interview.

This additional letter isn't required, but we want to be sure that those students whose applications won't include interview reports have an opportunity for an additional voice of school and orchestra, support in their files. Your chances of law essay, admission won't be affected adversely if we are unable to offer you an interview, nor will they be affected if you choose not to send an extra recommendation. Due to in india, the high volume of applicants we receive from China, Duke will accept admissions interviews from InitialView for students attending school in why berkeley, China. These interviews will serve in lieu of alumni interviews. We encourage interested students in China to arrange an interview with InitialView as soon as possible in order to secure an appointment.

All interviews must be submitted to Duke by December 1 for Early Decision or March 1 for Regular Decision. All interviews are conducted in person by alumni volunteers in students' home areas. We do not conduct on-campus interviews. If you have exceptional artistic talent, you may submit supplementary material to be evaluated by Duke faculty. Our faculty review submissions in political stability in india essay, dance; film, video, and digital media; music; photography; theater; and visual art. You do not need to plan on a major or minor in your artistic discipline(s) to submit a supplement, but you should have interest in remaining engaged with the arts in college.

All supplementary artistic materials must be submitted by November 1 for law essay Early Decision or January 7 for Regular Decision. Transfer applicants may submit artistic materials between February 15 and March 20. We accept artistic supplements submitted through the online SlideRoom portal. Dissertation Purposal? Students applying through the Common Application may use the direct link provided through the application. Students using the Coalition Application should go to duke.slideroom.com and select the Coalition Application program for the specific art form(s) they intend to why berkeley, submit. Do not mail artistic submissions to our office; those materials will not be formally reviewed. If you decide to submit an artistic supplement after having submitted your application, please go to duke.slideroom.com and follow the upload options file instructions. We do not accept creative writing samples for faculty review. A brief creative writing sample of law essay, no more than two pages, labeled with your full name and date of birth, may be sent to undergrad-admissions@duke.edu.

This will be reviewed by the admissions committee along with your application. We are interested in cutting classes, seeing your technical, performance and choreographic abilities. Law Essay? As you prepare to submit a video that displays those abilities, please observe these guidelines: Dance setting: Solo or small group work is ideal. If you must include a large group dance, make sure you can be easily identified. We would like to judge essays and reviews, see you in why berkeley law essay, a performance situation, however, excerpts from a technique class are acceptable.

Video quality: It is not necessary that the video be professionally produced, however, it should be of the political highest possible visual quality. Length: 10 minutes is ideal. You may excerpt sections of law essay, works in performance and/or rehearsal. It is very helpful if the dissertation purposal work you want viewed is edited together in why berkeley, succession in band and orchestra, the same 10 minute section. Style: If you are proficient in more than one style of dance, submit a supplement for each style separately. You may submit up to 10 minutes per law essay style. Style options are: African Dance, Asian/Indian Dance, Ballet, Contemporary Dance, Jazz Dance, Modern, Other styles/mixed styles and Tap Dance. Republic? Choreography in each of these areas is welcome. Include a written description of the why berkeley website link providing the following information about the recording : Title of options, works, choreographer, and law essay, music/sound accompaniment Date of the recording Length of the notes of a and reviews pieces/excerpt If it is an ensemble, a description of yourself Any other information you feel is pertinent.

Please also submit an abbreviated resume in the Additional Information section of SlideRoom with any pertinent dance or dance-related experience. You may also include a short narrative statement about the role that dance has played in why berkeley law essay, your life and the role you see it playing in your college career, your experience in different or multiple dance styles, your choreographic interest and experience, community involvement, and anything else you consider important about republic, your dancing. For any other questions please feel free to why berkeley, call the Dance Program at 919-660-3354 or email dance@duke.edu. You may upload work showing significant levels of achievement in a film, video, or digital medium, including documentary, narrative, experimental or animation. Submissions should be no longer than 10 minutes in length. Please label your website clearly with your legal name, an notes of a hanging essays indication of your role in the production (e.g., director, screenwriter, editor), project title and year completed. In cases of collaborative projects, please include a one-page description of the role you played in the production as part of your application. While musicians of every level are welcome at Duke, only law essay those who demonstrate outstanding ability in performance or composition should submit supplemental material. Recordings uploaded to a website should be up to political, 10 minutes long and include at least two movements or pieces representing contrasting styles or periods. Each selection must be an unedited solo performance. If possible, include piano accompaniment where appropriate.

Composers should submit a score of why berkeley law essay, their work as part of their application in addition to an uploaded recording. Please label the website clearly with your legal name, address, high school and works performed. You should have at least three years’ high school/extracurricular experience in thesis, photography. Upload no more than 5 groupings of images (8 to 20 images total) and label all material. We encourage you to law essay, upload work that shows your depth as a photographer, that depicts work you’ve shown in notes hanging judge, exhibitions, and that has received awards.

Please include a one-page resume detailing your high school experience in theater. In addition, you may upload to Slideroom one of the following examples of recent work: A video recording with a brief introduction and two contrasting monologues (solo performance only) OR one monologue and one song, not to exceed two minutes in length each. Excerpts from law essay productions will not be considered. School Band And Orchestra Essay? A theater-related critical essay or a one-act play that you have written A portfolio with photographs or illustrations of why berkeley, your set/costume design or your technical work; A one- to two-page statement about a play you have directed, discussing approach, process and result. If you have questions regarding format or content, please e-mail theater@duke.edu. Upload a group of ten images that show your serious commitment to making art during your high school experience. You may combine multiple images into collages to create the ten images requested. Do not include work done prior to high school. Your portfolio should include work that has been developed thematically, showing a visual and intellectual concentration in specific areas.

We encourage you to include work that displays your depth as an artist, that depicts work you have shown in exhibitions and shows and that has earned you awards and recognition. Please remember that your work is being evaluated for its artistic design and cutting thesis, intellectual merit, so your portfolio should include only work that shows your serious commitment to why berkeley law essay, art. Also, please note that you should not include Manga or cartooning in school band scholarship, your fine art portfolio. What does Duke look for in an applicant? Every year, thousands of the world's best students apply to Duke. Why Berkeley Law Essay? They come from notes essays public, private and parochial schools, and from all points on the economic, political, and geographic spectrum. Most have graduated in why berkeley law essay, the top 10 percent of their secondary school class. These top students are attracted to Duke for its academic challenge, stimulating campus environment, and reputation for upload design options file educating men and women of influence and achievement. From those students, Duke's Admissions Committee selects a first-year class of why berkeley law essay, about 1,700 women and men. First, please understand that we do not have a minimum required score for of a hanging judge essays either the SAT or ACT, nor do we have a minimum required GPA or class rank.

We do not report average SAT or ACT scores, but you can view the middle 50 percent range for standardized test scores of last year's admitted students here. Likewise, we do not quote an average GPA. We ask for a student’s GPA and class rank, when available, but we also realize that many schools consider GPA on why berkeley law essay different scales and some schools do not consider GPA or class rank at all. We consider this information in the context of what guidance counselors tell us about their schools. Your secondary school record should include the most challenging courses your school offers. We recommend four years of English and at least three years of band, mathematics, natural science, foreign language and law essay, social studies. We also encourage you to enroll in file, advanced-level work in as many of these areas as possible. Why Berkeley Law Essay? We generally expect students to of a hanging judge essays and reviews, enroll in five academic courses per year, and if a student does not take four years in a particular subject area, it should be replaced with an academic course of equal rigor. If you are applying to the Pratt School of why berkeley law essay, Engineering, calculus is school and orchestra essay, required before you enroll. Law Essay? We also strongly recommend, but do not require, that you have taken physics. Successful Duke applicants typically have significant extracurricular commitments, all of which we value.

Most students admitted to dissertation, Duke have demonstrated, in a word, impact. In some venue they have made a difference. It might be in the classroom, in the community, or on the athletic field. It could be doing one thing brilliantly, or several things exceedingly well. Will visiting campus or contacting the why berkeley Admissions Office influence my odds of admission? We do not track the number of contacts or visits to campus an applicant has made. Purposal? Although we are always glad when students visit campus, demonstrated interest is not an advantage in the admissions process. Why Berkeley Law Essay? We prefer to focus on thesis design options a student's strengths and accomplishments.

Does Duke accept Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate credits? Duke recognizes the why berkeley Advanced Placement Program of the College Board and grants a limited amount of elective credit and placement into advanced courses for scores of 4 or 5 on most AP exams. AP exams may not be taken once students have enrolled at upload options file Duke. Entering students who have completed internationally recognized college-level examinations with high scores will receive international placement credit in why berkeley, essentially the same way that credit is dissertation purposal, awarded for AP exams. Does Duke accept resumes, research abstracts, or media files as part of a student's application materials? We hope to get to know you through the documents we require as part of our application process. Therefore, Duke will not be accepting activity resumes, research abstracts, and media files for the 2017-2018 application process.

We are happy to why berkeley, accept artistic supplements. Essay On The Day? We will accept additional letters of why berkeley law essay, recommendation should you choose to submit them. If you have information that you need to school band essay, share with us that will not be reflected elsewhere in your application, you may add it to the Additional Information section of the application. When and how should I schedule a visit to Duke? Visit our Plan Your Trip section of the site to learn more. Does Duke offer preprofessional majors? Because of why berkeley, Duke’s core commitment to a liberal arts education, Duke does not offer premedicine, prebusiness or prelaw majors, minors or certificates. Instead, we offer a number of robust preprofessional advising programs through the notes of a hanging judge Office of Health Professions Advising, Prebusiness Advising and Prelaw Advising. The Duke University Career Center also provides students with counseling and networking opportunities to why berkeley law essay, help them develop their personal, educational and professional goals. Through our advising programs, students have tremendous flexibility to study what they want while still receiving strong preparation for professional school. Day? Our medical school and law school acceptance rates are 85% and 98%, respectively, and many of our alumni go on why berkeley to be leaders in medicine, business and law.

Where can I find information about notes hanging essays and reviews, campus safety? Our goal is to provide a safe and law essay, secure campus that allows for as much individual freedom as possible. Some of the many safety and security programs and school and orchestra essay, initiatives at Duke include: an on-campus police force with round-the-clock patrol, a system for locking residence halls 24 hours a day and using Duke cards for entry, emergency notification systems and hundreds of help phones located around campus. The Duke University Police Department operates a 24/7 emergency dispatch center. Why Berkeley Law Essay? If you have an emergency, dial 911 or (919) 684-2444 to request assistance from our emergency dispatch center.

The Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports include institutional policies concerning campus safety and security, and statistics for and orchestra the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on Duke University and adjacent public property and fires that occurred in residence halls. A copy is why berkeley law essay, available online or upon request to the Duke Police Department at 919-684-4602. View your application status Confirm receipt of school band and orchestra scholarship, required documents and test scores Change your decision plan Change your college of interest Update your name, address, email and more Update your financial aid status View your admissions decision. If you have earned new honors or awards since you submitted your application, you may send any updates you would like us to review to the address noted below or to undergrad-admissions@duke.edu. (Please note that we are not accepting activity resumes for the 2016-2017 application cycle.) All written updates must include full name, date of why berkeley, birth, and file, high school name. The deadline for why berkeley law essay submission of application updates for Early Decision is November 15, 2016 and for Regular Decision is February 25, 2017.